Thursday, April 8, 2010

OUCH!!!!!!!!! These New eBay Fees Really Hurt

These new eBay fees are outrageous. For some reason I did not keep up with the news of the new fees until recently. Probably because they are so confusing to understand at first and I didn't think they would be this bad. I now realize this might be the worst move eBay has ever made and they have made a lot of bad moves in the last few years.

I sold a thrift store shirt for $69.00 last night.
The final value fee for the $69.00 shirt that I sold is $6.21. WHAT?
Before the fee change the final value fee would have been $3.73
If I subscribe to the basic store my final value fee would still be $5.16 after paying $15.95 up front.

What really annoys me is if you go to the eBay Spring 2010 Fee Update page this is what is written in bold


OUR LOWEST FEES EVER COMING THIS SPRING: FREE AUCTION-STYLE LISTINGS, FIXED PRICE AS LOW AS 3¢.

That might be the most misleading headline that I have read in years and I read a lot of junk online.

Something has to give here. My eBay business has grown every year since I started it full time in 2007, and I have been working hard to have my best year ever, but if eBay keeps killing us sellers who are really loyal to eBay then I might have to move on. I mean what will they do next. eBay fees will only go up, shipping rates will only go up. It will only make it harder for a 1 man operation like myself to make a living selling on eBay. I feel like I have to sell an extra item or 2 a day just to cover the fees. I am really upset and pissed off. I need to go have a beer and watch the Mets game.

John Paul

1 comment:

Candace said...

The fees seem pretty unreasonable. Have you found an inexpensive way around it?

Blog Archive