Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Savile Row Men's Suits & Blazers


I must admit the Men's suit section of the Thrift Store is a bit overwhelming. This is the area that I am least familiar with. I have never purchased a full suit and only a dozen or so blazers since I started thrifting. But I have made it a priority to step up my suit game for 2011. I will be sharing what you what I learn along the way.


One mark to look for on the inside label of a sports jacket is anything made on Savile Road. Savile Road is a street in London famous for it's men's bespoke tailoring. Bespoke meaning custom made to the buyer's specification. If you find a label and the item was made on Savile Row take a shot on it assuming that it is in good condition. I have seen used suits selling up to $750 on eBay. Remember Savile Row is just where the suit is made their are several tailors on Savile Row. Run a search on Savile Row Tailors if you want to become more familiar with the designer.

Good Luck,

John Paul

No comments:

Blog Archive