Monday, September 26, 2011

eBay Title Character Increase from 55 to 80

I was actually excited about an eBay udate for once when i read they were increasing the amount of characters in the title from 55 to 80. Then I started to look at my items in search fresults and they just look awful.

I did not realize that when eBay changed the title character limit from 55 to 80 that they would cut off the words when they show up in the search results. It looks really bad especially when some of the really important keywords in the title are the ones you can't see or even worse they are cut off so you only see a few letters of the actual word.

Oh well another thing that will waste more of my time. I will have to make sure that I stick to the 55 character limit, so my search results look normal.

No comments:

Blog Archive