Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Love Half.com

Hey Everyone, sorry it has been so long in between posts, but I was away in Alaska (my delayed honeymoon) for a few weeks and since I have returned I have been working long and hard on improving my eBay business http://www.asapsellsit.com/. But I am back now and ready to make this one of the best and most informative eBay blogs out there. Oh yeah before I get to the eBay stuff, if you ever have a chance to go to Alaska, DO IT.College textbooks are big sellers on half.com and here's the proof. I just purchased a Marketing Research textbook (shown above) for $2.00 at my a local thrift store. Listed it on half.com and it sold within 5 minutes for $65.00. Amazing.

Selling used textbooks purchased at a thrift store can be tricky. If you do not have the current edition, chances are it really has no value to anyone, so you need to be careful. A lot of students these days usually sell their books back to the school.

You have 3 ways play the Used Textbook Thrift Store Game.
  1. Go to half.com on your cell phone's browser and look up the book while at the thrift store. Make sure you are looking at the right edition.
  2. Write down or take photos of the book or ISBN # and look it up at home where you have access to a faster Internet connection
  3. Take a Chance... Look at the copyright date and if it is within the last couple of years there is a good chance that the textbook is still being used at colleges today.

The best thing about listing on half.com is you hardly have to do any work. The pictures are already there as well as all the info about your item. All you have to do is descrivbe the condition.

Let me know if you find anything good or have any other good Thrift Store Book Stories.

John Paul

No comments:

Blog Archive